Thứ Ba, 24 tháng 5, 2016

.270 vs .308 Caliber Debate

After moving to Texas, I rediscovered a passion of mine that allows me to step aside from the mental confinements of my day job - guns. Growing up, I was consumed by them. I’d count the days until opener. I’d thoroughly prepare hunting gear. I’d jump at the opportunity to clean shotguns after dad and I returned from capture little league on Wed nights. Then something happened, college. I still did a bit of hunting throughout my college years, and several of my finest hunting friends were made on those hunts, but I’d become laying if I said it wasn’t different. That fast-paced energy steam-rolled ideal through graduation and into the labor force.

Its become a bit easier balancing work and personal existence. With that, the ability to get to a range within 15 moments of home is almost spoiling. Becoming lucky enough to take advantage of these opportunities offers reignited an enthusiasm for hunting I remember as a kid.

Growing up, models, and calibers. At a young age, 308 remington. so I never really had to go searching the shelves for a rifle of my own. Now that I’ve had the time to get back into my childhood passion, it’s time to start my own rifle collection. So begins the great caliber debate!

When I first thought about what caliber I should choose, my willingness to go with the. 308 was immediate, conditioned if you will. I could vouch for it’s effectiveness first hands before I was big plenty of to take it. But before hurrying in to the nearest weapon store, I needed to obtain a few even more data factors to justify my decision. In purchase to slim down an suitable opposition, I got to question; what would I become using this for? For me, presently, the response to that query would become whitetail in the fall, the periodic mule deer, hogs season circular, but not really limited to huge video game if the chance shown itself. Sadly, I’m not really sure if the probability of a larger game hunt would be a strong enough case to factor it into this decision. I also wanted to be able to effectively deliver stopping power at distances around 300 yards. Again, I’m not sure how often this would happen, but I don’t want to be too limiting. Given that reply, I assembled the. 243 Winchester,. 270 Winchester,. 308 Winchester, 30-06, and 300 Magnum. Also still, that’s an incredibly different palette. The. 243 is a great container, but I wasn’t sure if it covered all situations I was seeking for. It’s a small lighter on the wheat weight getting the smallest quality and reliability on the list. I produced the opposite point for the. 300. The. 270 is essentially a necked-down 30-06, meaning they have almost the exact same container size, but the size of the bullet on the. 270 is a little smaller. Choosing between the. 308 and 30-06 was almost harder. They possess the same size bullet, but the. 308 comes in a shorter bundle. It finally emerged down to the. 270 and the. 308.

Today that the easy component is more than and We have got two okay calibers to decide from, We have got to ask two even more queries. The initial getting, Speed can be an important factor. Or going home vacant passed. Let’s say I were to take any available and affordable ammunition and compare the statistics in those calibers. Uniform figures that represent each good quality, let’s stick with something like Federal Fusion. It’s affordably priced, and seems to be available most areas. Provided that particular ammunition, what perform the quantities in those calibers inform us?



The cells necklaces in dark green are the entries that possess the highest velocity at that range. The cells in light green are the posts with the second highest speed. The percentage of muzzle speed maintained at a provided distance is normally shown to the correct of each entrance. Therefore, at 300 back yards a 150 hemp bullet from a. 308 keeps about 77% of it’s initial muzzle velocity of 2, 820 fps. The quantities display the. 270 is faster than the. 308 with both bullet weight loads, but not by much. The speed retention patterns between a. 308 150 grain bullet and a. 270 150 grains bullet are very similar. They are within 2% of preserving the same preliminary muzzle speed up to 200 back yards. After that stage the. 308 slowly tapers off. When you appearance through the proportions at which each quality and reliability maintains muzzle velocity given the bullet dumbbells, the. 270 130 grain bullet is almost an exact copy of the. 308’s 150 materials, 92% at 100 yards, 84% at 200 yards, etc . The same statement is made with the. 270’s 150 materials and the. 308’s 180 materials bullets. This is definitely just cooking down to demonstrate excess weight and power ratios with each. Each good quality will provide us with a fast, flatter cartridge, as well as a slightly slower one, and the characteristics of loss in muzzle velocity for both should become related. But the. 270 follows those characteristics, just at a faster initial velocity.

Fast is 1 factor, Therefore the second query can be, after I reach my focus on, how hard can I strike it?




The same chart legend applies as above. The cells coloured in dark green are the articles that possess the highest energy in feet pounds at that range. The cells in light green are the articles with the second highest energy in feet pounds at that range. The percentage of energy maintained at a provided distance can be detailed to the correct of the admittance. Right here I believe the evaluation gets a small even more interesting. Understanding the design we saw with velocity and the. 270 with its lighter bullets, I don’t think it would be crazy to suggest that both. 308 rounds would retain more energy. Surprisingly, this is only partly true. The. 308’s 180 grain bullet retains more energy over distance than anything else in the chart, hands down. But the. 270 cartridge is able to keep its 150 grain bullet within just a few foot pounds of the. 308. By just a few I mean that the. 270 is only 26 foot pounds of energy shy of the. 308 at 500 yards. That’s not too bad considering the. 270’s 150 bullet is traveling roughly 150 fps faster than the. 308’s 180 bullet at that same distance.

Granted, this is all good information, this just serves as documenting my thought process when comparing two calibers. I think I might be looking for a.

>> best hunting boots

2 nhận xét

I wanted a boot with waterproof capabilities because there is nothing worse than wet feet in the woods or a survival situation. So the fact that these boots are waterproof and snakeproof is a double bonus. Hunting Boots buying guide

A company called Chaos makes custom draco 9mm
 AK pistols. The most unusual feature of these AKs which immediately jumps out is the brace that houses an AK magazine! draco 9mm

The Chaos magazine brace is also folding and removable. Probably it features some sort of a quick detach mechanism to remove and use the magazine. Just imagine how tacticool that kind of magazine change procedure would look.draco 9mm

Among other features of these AK pistols are the top Picatinny rail and a forearm with KeyMod slots. It also comes with HK-style iron sights. The MSRP at $725.99. Right now they are out of stock but can be custom made upon order. The brace is not available separately.draco 9mm

draco 9mm


draco 9mm

draco 9mm

draco 9mm

draco 9mm

270 winchester 150 grain


EmoticonEmoticon